Blame it on the Boogie, Disco Night Mayhem

 



August 24, 2021

Music surrounded me, drifting out from the stage at the club like a vibrational positive pulse. It shook through me, and I could feel the sensation of a magical energy pulsing through the night, bringing with it endless possibilities. He was here, and I could feel it; I could imagine myself standing right here with him, but would he accept me? My life had been plagued by differences since birth, and as I grew and learned, I only became more so, not just out of rebellion, but genuine inner truth and self acceptance. This was the night for our encounter, I could feel it, everything had been leading up to this moment, and just then our eyes met. He was on the other side of the room, and magnetically I could feel the pull drawing us together as he approached me with a smile. "Do you like my club?," he asked me. I smiled shyly back, and he grasped my hand in his, and led me over to the concession area. "Would you like something?," he asked me. Again, I smiled shyly. I wasn't certain my voice could be heard clearly in the loud club, so I shook my head 'No'. He looked me over with a smile, and asked, "Would you like to dance?" He motioned towards the center of the room, where everyone was dancing, and outstretched his hand toward me. I smiled, and nodded 'Yes,' and took his hand. We had been dancing quite awhile before he leaned in and asked, "Are you able to speak? I noticed the scar on your neck, but I didn't want to offend you, I like you very much." It was difficult for me to whisper, but leaning so close, I decided to attempt to softly reply, "I can speak and sing, it is just difficult to raise my voice." "Let's go somewhere, where we can talk," he said, pulling me towards the door out into the night. You could still hear the echoes of the music reverberating outside the building. I watched as two bats flew past the street light, and turned my gaze to the full moon and star filled sky. I felt him wrap his arms around me. "I sing too," He told me, "My guitar is in my car over there," he continued as he pulled me off toward the vehicle. He held the car door for me to get in. Soon, we were seated side by side with the radio on. He had put his arm about me. "I feel like I have known you my whole life," He said to me, breaking the silence. "That is not possible," I responded, "I am a time travelling vampire," and then, I bit him, knowing that this time we could have eternity together...
...The End.


By: LC Harrison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory of the Ghastly Ghost

Harlequin Heart