Glory of the Ghastly Ghost

 

6-30-2022

By: LC Harrison

Glory had always supported my every crazy whim, that no-one else ever would, and I had gravely betrayed her. The most terrible truth of it all is that she has no idea of that truth. Glory still believes everything is as it always was, and that makes my challenge even greater. 

This morning was like any other, I prepared Glory’s tea and breakfast to take in the sitting room. She loved looking at our shady big cherry tree. Not every day is early spring with pink blossoms as today, but that is no matter. Glory knows time and seasons pass; it is a deeper realization that means we must stay isolated. I tell her it is my temper, my moods, and my peculiarities, but in truth she knows I am keeping a secret. 

It was a spring day like today of the irrevocable deed, that has made my life a continuous hell. We were at breakfast, looking out at the tree, and I was reading my mail as always. Glory mentioned a mutual friend of ours, that I have not seen since a rainy day that former spring. They would often keep company; I wonder if she misses him? He writes me infrequently about his wife and children, and I am sure to destroy the letters to hide them from Glory’s eyes. She would not understand. I’ve hidden all our mirrors as well for similar reasons. She must not know how she has changed.

It is becoming very difficult for me to maintain things as it was for her sake. Today, I must tell her the truth of what has changed, but I am not sure how to tell this dear beloved of mine how I betrayed her for a jealous moment after all her support of me.

She will soon know the truth of her own discovery, if I do not tell her. That day, I picked up my rose quartz cane and beat her to death, and now she is a spirit that still believes she is alive. The energy of the crystal keeps her bound. She is a zombie, neither dead nor alive. I am damned, and she looks ghastly due to the bludgeoning. I have been slowly poisoning myself every morning since.

End…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Heart

Blame it on the Boogie, Disco Night Mayhem